Donald Trump | Candidates on Common Core

Donald Trump | Candidates on Common Core

Every week leading up to the 2016 Primary Season, HSLDA will post a profile for one of the 2016 Presidential candidates on Homeschooling Now, highlighting where each stands on the Common Core State Standards Initiative. For more information on the Common Core, check out our free resources at HSLDA.org/CommonCore.

DONALD TRUMP

BACKGROUND:

• Chairman and president of The Trump Organization
  • Host of The Apprentice

CURRENT POSITION: Opposes Common Core

QUOTES:

“The last thing we need is another Bush,” Trump said. “He’s totally in favor of Common Core—that’s a disaster—it’s bad. It should be local and all of that.” — Speech at the Iowa Freedom Summit, January 2015 via Breitbart

On the Department of Education: “You could cut that way, way, way down.” … “I am totally against Common Core.” —South Carolina Tea Party Convention, Myrtle Beach, January 2015 via Forbes

“Education has to be local.” —Announcement of 2016 Presidential Candidacy, June 2015

Donald Trump | Candidates on Common Core

RELEVANT SPEECHES/RESOURCES:

SUMMARY: Donald Trump is strongly against Common Core and has attacked other 2016 candidates for not standing strong against the national standards.

— Andrew Mullins and Lauren Mitchell

Photo Credit: First image graphic design by Andrew Mullins; second image by Gage Skidmore.

, , ,

70 Comments on “Donald Trump | Candidates on Common Core”

1. Rachel
    August 18, 2015 at 9:51 am #

This is a great series, and I appreciate it. However, I’d also like to know where they stand on homeschooling because that is obviously what we do! A candidate can be against CC and still not supportive of homeschooling, so that’s what we really need to know!

Liked by 5 people

• Norm
      August 26, 2015 at 12:02 am #

I appreciate the point you are trying to make Rachel, but quite frankly, I don’t care what he or anyone else thinks of homeschooling. I want to know where the candidates stand on the Constitution of the United States. If you are for the Constitution, you can hate homeschooling all you want and still have to defend our individual right to do so. I would be happy to hear Mr. Trump say, “I hate all you homeschool weenies. I think your a bunch of nuts, but I will defend your right with my life!” Then, you shall have my vote.

• Renee
        August 26, 2015 at 7:53 pm #

Norm, if you don’t like homeschoolers, why would you even be on this site? You’re the weirdo, haha

• Dee Dee
        August 27, 2015 at 2:41 pm #

I agree, Norm.
        When we place a personal agenda as a litmus test against a candidate, we are being totally irresponsible and ignorant of reality.
        Someone who has a track record of defending the Constitution is a candidate who understands the office is bigger than himself.

Ultimately, homeschool laws are set at the state level. That is per the constitution. The Supreme Court has validated that in the past.

Voters, PLEASE do not vote for a presidential candidate based on his position on homeschooling.
        Mr Santorum is a wonderful man, but he lost his conservative base years ago when he backed a moderate candidate over a true conservative candidate for Senate in Pennsylvania. Just because someone is a homeschooler and a really nice person, does not mean they have the leadership qualities we so desperately need.

Likewise, Governor Bush was a fantastic and very popular governor for the state of Florida. However, his commitment to Common Core is a real negative. He seems to be the establishment choice which means he is not a leader that we need in the White House.

Mr Trump would be like a bull in a china shop, in the Oval Office. That is a very dangerous thing. Not only is he essentially okay with Common Core, he has a record of changing his song based on who he is courting for votes. It’s impossible really, to know how he would approach the actual job of the presidency. He is an ego-centered bully. Gee, do we REALLY want another one of those in the White House?

• Dee Dee
        June 6, 2016 at 12:51 am #

I agree. Defending the constitution is in essence, a defense of home schooling.

• J
        June 23, 2016 at 12:35 am #

Can one hate homeschool and love the constitution at the same time? Can they have it both ways?

• Julie
      August 26, 2015 at 1:16 am #

Rick Santorum is a homeschooling father of 7, very much against Common Core & is in favor of local control of education.

• Norm
        August 26, 2015 at 3:08 pm #

Control? Why does it need to be controlled in a free America? When people are free to explore for themselves everyone benefits.

Who is controlling the elite class of inventors and researchers who get to use our money which is handed to them by the government and used freely without the government telling them what to invent or how to invent it? Leave me alone. I’m good, thanks anyway.

• Ruth Rose
      December 15, 2015 at 3:18 pm #

OF PARTICULAR INTEREST TO PARENTS AND TEACHERS – TED CRUZ WILL ELIMINATE THE FAILED FEDERAL DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
      “Department of Education: Educational opportunity thrives on choice, ingenuity, and diversity; the Department of Education squelches all three. Largely created as an outgrowth of Lyndon B. Johnson’s Great Society, the Department of Education has existed in its current form since 1980. Despite its stated aim to bring equal access to all, it has failed to close the gap between low-income communities and other communities, and instead has led to one-size-fits-all solutions imposed on millions of students with differing educational needs. Eliminating the Department of Education not only restores the states’ constitutional power and saves taxpayers billions of dollars, it returns decision-making to parents and local communities, and liberates students and teachers from a failed top-down approach. The growing federal role in education spurred by the Education Department has led to perverse mandates such as Common Core and counterproductive laws such as No Child Left Behind.

We should repeal every word of Common Core. And, as President, I will direct the Secretary of Education to immediately end the federal government’s mandates that seek to force states to adopt this failed attempt at a universal curriculum.

Even more broadly, we need to get the federal government out of education altogether. The Department of Education has the third largest discretionary budget in the federal government, and it provides 10 percent of funding for K-12 education. Yet, with that 10 percent share, it imposes significant requirements on states and schools, forcing them to submit to federal bureaucrats. Education has traditionally been a state matter; the people closest to students know them best – parents and teachers know far more than Washington bureaucrats – and we are already witnessing remarkable reforms by state and local governments to increase school choice and resist Common Core standards. We need to restore parent and student choice and remove federal barriers to children’s success.A Cruz Administration will eliminate the programs in the Department of Education that are wasteful, ineffective, and fail to achieve better student outcomes. We will perform a careful review of remaining programs to assess how best to return those responsibilities to state and local communities.

The lion’s share of K-12 funding will be block granted to the states, including Title I funding and the Individuals with Disabilities Education program, while the Indian Education program and Federal Impact Aid will be transferred to existing departments. Pell Grants will also remain intact and can be transferred to the Treasury Department. This will result in higher quality education, more tailored to local needs, at a lower cost. The D.C. Public School Funding and the Opportunity Scholarship Program will persist because Washington D.C. is under the federal purview of Congress and it is constitutionally appropriate for those programs to continue to be overseen at a federal level. But those programs can be run by another department, and the Education Department can be shut down.

Ineffective Spending: Since the Department’s inception in 1980, the federal government has spent nearly $1.5 trillion on education.
      It cost the U.S. $151,000 per student to put the graduating class of 2009 through public school; adjusted for inflation, that is nearly three times the amount we spent on the graduating class of 1970.
      Despite this outrageous spending, education outcomes have either stagnated or declined. The nation’s report card, first administered in 1992, shows that the disparity between white and black 12th grade reading scores has increased – showing African American students half a grade further behind their peers, and totaling a nearly three grade-level difference.

2. Leslie Beck
    August 18, 2015 at 6:05 pm #

I am hoping you can also focus on their track record on education and what they have done or not done to promote or defeat progressive education policy in our country. It’s one thing to quote what candidates are saying and quite another to dig into their record.

• shinnphoto
      August 26, 2015 at 11:23 pm #

The only hard part, Leslie, is that Mr. Trump doesn’t have a track record. He doesn’t have votes on legislation, vetos, or any public policy implementation on his resume. His position statements are all we have to go on, and we’re left having to trust that he won’t change his mind from his current talking points if he’s elected.

3. Chris
    August 25, 2015 at 6:10 pm #

I really wish people would quit calling leftist morons progressive. They’re not nor are their policies.

• EW
      August 26, 2015 at 3:45 am #

Chris, “Progressive” is the new name for communist/socialist.

4. Edna
    August 25, 2015 at 6:55 pm #

He has my support. I’m done with politics as usual. No more Clintons and no more Bushes in the White House!

• Lindsey
      August 25, 2015 at 10:24 pm #

Donald is actually VERY good friends with The Clintons. As in he had them as front row guests at his most recent wedding. He has also financially supported their foundation and her campaign in New York…..check up on him. He says a lot to get people excited but historically he’s a democrat.

• Norm
        August 26, 2015 at 3:10 pm #

Very true and very frightening.

• Melissa
        August 27, 2015 at 2:54 pm #

Amen, Sister!

• JC3
        August 27, 2015 at 3:25 pm #

It’s incredible how history repeats itself with faux candidates to make the other candidate more “electable”. The biggest hoax in presidential contests was in 1940 when Wendell Willkie (life-long democrat turned republican) had help sabotaging the RNC and won the nomination; beating the leading contenders & non-interventionists in both Taft and Dewey. The Insider Puppeteers running the US wanted FDR to carry the US into WW2 after their “incidents” in the Pacific and European theaters. We have a similar situation today where the Puppeteers demand a candidate to continue the never-ending “War on Terror” (first war ever declared on a tactic) as we have carried out for five years and two months longer than Vietnam. We need to return to the Constitution and place King Jesus back on the throne in the US!

5. Paul Mallory
    August 25, 2015 at 8:30 pm #

Donald Trump says the right things on many topics but he is an awful choice for president. He cannot even quit going after Megyn Kelly because he is an egomaniac who has a track record of bankruptcy, demeaning women, and general arrogance. I believe the best candidate is Dr. Ben Carson. He is a man of high character who has not been bought by Washington special interest groups. Carson has already been told by multiple African American democrats that they will vote for him. He has the character to pull votes from both parties and he has integrity, a rare trait in today’s world. Trump will split the republican vote if he runs independent and hand the democrats the white house which will be disaster for this country…….again.

Liked by 2 people

• Shauna
      August 25, 2015 at 8:49 pm #

I have heard Ben Carson speak at a homeschooling convention. I liked him as a person which is more than I can say for the others. However, his view on vaccines has me concerned. I believe there are legitimate health and religious reasons why people may choose exemption. As a neurosurgeon, it does not seem feasable that he can not comprehend that. It makes me fear that he has been bought by big Pharma. I do not want to slander the man, this is just the fear of one anti-vax homeschool mom.

• Norm
        August 26, 2015 at 3:17 pm #

I was not aware of Dr. Carson’s stand on vaccinations. Thank you all for your posts on that topic. I will make it a point to look into it, thanks to all you freedom loving homeschool moms and dads. This is very troubling.

• Loretta Baldi
        September 14, 2015 at 9:27 am #

I cringe at the assumption that if Dr. Carson believes in the benefits of vaccines he has been bought by “big pharma”. An opinion we may disagree with does not equal questionable ethics.

• eiemarty
      August 25, 2015 at 9:39 pm #

While Ben Carson is fantastic on many issues, where he falls is his lack of enthusiasm for the Second Amendment. The candidate for President should be highly supportive of the Bill of Rights as intended by the framers of the Constitution.

• Christine
      August 25, 2015 at 9:49 pm #

Ben Carson is for mandatory vaccination. He has been bought by vaccine manufacturers and sits on a vaccine board. I don’t trust anyone who would take away my right to choose what medical procedures I find appropriate for my family.

• Irene
      August 25, 2015 at 11:11 pm #

I REALLY like Ben Carson BUT did you know that he supports compulsive, mandatory vaccinations? I do not believe that ANY ONE should be FORCED to have vaccinations, and there are PLENTY of physicians that feel similarly. Check out Dr. Ted Broer’s website. He’s got great articles on vaccinations. Dr. Mercola is also another. There are also many books written by physicians that are against vaccines. Google it.

• shinnphoto
        August 26, 2015 at 11:25 pm #

I think you mean compulsory, not compulsive.

• Cathy
      August 26, 2015 at 12:04 am #

@Paul Mallory…I also see problems with Mr. Trump. My concerns with Dr. Carson lie in his strong stand on mandatory vaccinations with no exceptions. At this point, I like Mike Huckabee.

• JC3
        August 26, 2015 at 3:03 pm #

IF vaccinations are Dr. Carson’s only fault, then he’s the best choice if he teamed up with the other doctor in Dr. Rand Paul to gain his keen constitutional knowledge in reducing the size of our behemoth federal government back to its constitutional limits. Mike Huckabee is likable, but when he surrounded himself with Council on Foreign Relations advisers/puppeteers in 2012 run for Prez, I lost all respect for him.
        BTW- I don’t encourage vaccinations of anyone, nor do them myself any more, nor do I have a Republocrat candidate picked out– they ALL fall short of what this country really needs– bow down and return to King Jesus.
        PS: Dr. Paul has some explaining to do on why he chose to support the liberal Mitch McConnell in the Kentucky senate primaries in 2014; so he’s not without blemish either…politics!

• Norm
      August 26, 2015 at 12:23 am #

Megyn Kelly is as big an egomaniac as Trump. She tried to score points for herself by taking on a giant and got owned. Good for her for trying.

What right things has Trump said? He is on the wrong side of the Constitution on just about everything. He, like most of the candidates, wants to be another legislative President. No thanks!

You’re right about Carson. He respects our Constitution and the Republican form or government it guarantees. I think people can get behind him.

Unfortunately, everyone is so focused on the Presidency. Our Congress and Judiciary are equally screwed up. We have a very long road back to liberty.

6. Mary McGowan
    August 25, 2015 at 9:47 pm #

I love Trump. He is the real deal as never before in American politics.

7. Parents of Two
    August 25, 2015 at 9:51 pm #

I agree as far as Trump will just be splitting the Republican vote if he runs as an independent…hence handing the White House back to the liberals for another four to eight. Oh, I pray someone can get through to Trump so he could see him running as an independent could be/ would be/ is a bad idea.

8. Karol Wojtyla
    August 25, 2015 at 11:28 pm #

Thank you for making it easy to see what this candidate believes. I agree with Paul Mallory, there are a number of candidates with a higher character.

9. Hoosier David 103
    August 26, 2015 at 12:09 am #

The “issue” in any election is Jesus Christ – what do you think of Him? Without a credible and consistent profession of faith, any person’s stand on the issues is just a house built on the sand or so much wind and wave – changeable at any time.

• Norm
      August 26, 2015 at 3:22 pm #

Amen to that! That is what I liked most about Dr. Carson. But God will allow us to fail. The Constitution was written for everyone, believers and non believers. So, my votes go to Christians who understand the Constitution and will defend it with his life. God bless America and our soldiers.

10. Nathan
    August 26, 2015 at 1:01 am #

If our pastors will not come together and unite in the political arena by leading through teaching directly to the issues our nation is DOOMED!!!!! No matter who the president is. Ask your pastor why he fears man more than God and loves his doctrinal pride more than the unborn child! If evangelical pastors would unite they could change the nation. Divided we will continue to fall. How do we have a convention of pastors??????? With all due respect to Michael F. whom I fully support in the COS effort at Conventionofstates.com, we need a COP or we are doomed!! Yes, I know God is ultimately in control!

11. Dee Dee
    August 26, 2015 at 1:58 am #

One of the problems with Mr. Trump is that there is no track record to go on when considering him as a candidate.
    State governors or former governors have a record that will be examined.
    Senators have a voting record, but no actual record of administration and governance.
    Mr Trump’s CV is not necessarily so stellar. Essentially, the man is an egomaniac and he is a bully. Oh, I guess that is a redundancy.

Funny, my daughter’s 9th grade English curriculum asks the student to analyze a character’s believability, when doing an analysis of a written work. I wonder how believable Mr Trump truly is, considering what we do know about him.

While none of us can know a man’s heart, we do have the benefit of reason. Our reason should lead us to be vigilant, seeking truth.

I pray that our nation will have the opportunity to elect virtuous leader.

12. EW
    August 26, 2015 at 3:44 am #

My opinion is, it is one thing to say you are against or for anything and then stay true to what you say after you are elected. As we know, the president we have now did not stay true to many things he stated he stood for or was going to do. They are saying that Trump was a Dem all the way up to the recent past. So I just hope he is not a “plant” or “decoy” just to steal away votes and divide the GOP so that the left wins again. I don’t trust Trump. He is a good salesman & playing on what the conservative base want to hear.

13. ET
    August 26, 2015 at 9:56 am #

I am alarmed at how gullible Christians and other conservatives can be! Oh, he sounds terrific on many issues. But even though he has no political or legislative track record, we can examine his business philosophy (“leveraging”), who and what’s had his political support in the past, what charities he supports, etc., etc. At best, he seems to be distracting attention from legitimate conservative candidates, thus insuring that a moderate will AGAIN get the party nomination. At worst, he has not ruled out the possibility of running as an independent, which would AGAIN hand the election to the dems ala Ross Perot in ’92. (He is, apparently, good friends with the Clintons, after all!)

• Dee Dee
      August 26, 2015 at 11:11 am #

well stated.

14. Janice
    August 26, 2015 at 10:09 am #

I will vote for Mr Donald Trump if he supports Homeschooling & gets rid of everything Obama has done to hurt this country!

15. Velma
    August 26, 2015 at 10:14 am #

This may be why Ben Carson supports vaccines.

Another non partial read…

• Norm
      August 26, 2015 at 10:26 pm #

I followed your links and read the blogs. They are rife with lies by omission. I could imagine why he could be corrupted, but could he be so dumb as to believe that nonsense?

16. Jake
    August 26, 2015 at 2:00 pm #

The mistake people made with Obama is they didn’t look at his record. Trump has a business record and a religious one of failure. We need to elect virtuous people who hold up Christ’s standard and believes in the rule of law as opposed to the will of men.
    Most of his primary operations come from running gambling operations. Read his Wikipedia article. Yes, his core is not what we want as a leader or an example. Rick Santorum is a good choice. I hope he runs. There are other good folks that should run too. Remember, law IS a set of values and implied religion. The question is whose values and what religion does each law represent. What good is any law when it doesn’t follow Christ or the rule of men takes its toll on said law?

• Norm
      August 26, 2015 at 3:35 pm #

Well said, sir.

17. Annabelle
    August 27, 2015 at 8:54 am #

This may sound favorable for us homeschoolers, but he is a racist. Why on Earth would this website support a facist, racist,Tyrant? Trump believes in the same ideals as the KKK clans and Hitler. He would just as well extinguish an entire race to make himself feel good. I am highly disappointed in the HSLDA.

• Dee Dee
      August 27, 2015 at 2:45 pm #

I don’t think HSLDA is supporting Mr Trump. They are simply reporting what the various candidate’s positions are, on Common Core.
      I don’t see any endorsement here.

• Jake
      August 30, 2015 at 9:39 am #

Annabelle,

I regret I don’t understand where you are trying to go with your accusations of Trump. Although I don’t feel he’d be a good President for my stated reasons, and documented sources, what grounds do you make your conclusions on? By sad experience, I have observed there is a human tendency to over compensate.

• Annabelle
        August 30, 2015 at 8:51 pm #

Hmmmmm. Perhaps you have not seen or heard his constant derogatory remarks towards the Hispanic race? Or perhaps you were not aware of his treatment and disregard Hispanic journalists?. Or maybe you have not seen his verbal harassment and treatment of females? He is a bigot and spreads hate for fun. In your reply, do inform your competent remarks on reality.

• Jake
        August 30, 2015 at 10:09 pm #

I submit your points do beg further questions about Trump. I wasn’t sure what you meant, this does clarify much. Thank you.

18. Denise Wade
    August 29, 2015 at 8:20 pm #

This article/blog although appreciated needs more clarity.

I cannot tell what the author is communicating and by the comments posted it seems as though many readers lack clarity also around the authors intentions and purpose.

Please explain The Common Core Andrew, more importantly how it relates to Home Schooling.

Thank You.

• Don Small - Kansas
      September 17, 2015 at 8:34 pm #

Two rules for today.
      The words of the Constitution, paper, will protect nothing. A few years ago the counter against state marriage amendments was that marriage is a state matter and a national amendment was not needed. Need I say more.

During an election, do not listen to what a candidate says. Always look at what they have done. As for a first time runner, research what he has done. Trump has stirred the pot, which is good, but his record is being willing to used the system, no matter how corrupt it is, to his advantage. This fits the “a dog will return to his own vomit” rule in scripture.

19. Brett Wm. Templeton
    September 1, 2015 at 2:25 pm #

Denise: I am not answering for Andrew, however, the explanatory note towards the top of this page contains this sentence, “For more information on the Common Core, check out our free resources at HSLDA.org/CommonCore.”

I know from reading them myself, those resources include excellent explanations of both the Common Core and its relation to Home Schooling.

I hope this assists you in your search for clarity.

20. Anthony
    November 30, 2015 at 8:06 pm #

We all are supposed to live in the “land of the free,” but I don’t understand why there is so much opposition to avoid horrible diseases through vaccination. Dr. Carson has dedicated most of his life to fight human disease; to fight the fallout of original sin. He is not a tyrant. He is telling us what his training shows as the best way to eliminate many diseases. My own medical training has overwhelmingly convinced me that God has sent us a lifeline in vaccinations. This lifeline in a dying world is already here and to “opt out” is an offense against a holy and merciful God. I would gladly give up some of my freedom to allow mandatory vaccinations. The history books are full of the pain, suffering and death that were commonplace and accepted as normal by our not-so-distant forefathers. Dr. Carson is trying to give something to our country, not take something away. Other candidates support baby killing as a way to solve our social problems. Our lives are supposed to be given as living sacrifices, not as human sacrifices. Preserving human life and well being is a God-fearing motive for a doctor or a politician or even a homeschooling family. I still do not understand how a well-informed person can see vaccinations as anything but a gift from God. To withhold a vote for a presidential candidate because they are pro-vaccination is not in keeping with pleasing a life-giving God.

• Jake
      December 1, 2015 at 5:33 pm #

It is the the forced or manipulated choice that is the issue. Also some may have allergic reactions and others worry about purposeful “other” things being potentially put in the vaccines…potential abuse.

21. Ruth Rose
    December 15, 2015 at 3:19 pm #

22. Pamela
    December 15, 2015 at 3:21 pm #

When Donald Trump first came on the scene running for President I thought this was a joke and he would not be in the limelight long. To my surprise I can’t say I am against anything he stands for. I think he is Right On about everything. He is the man brave enough to stand up and speak about the truth that everyone else is afraid to say. At this point in the game, I would vote for Trump as President.

• B
      December 17, 2015 at 11:14 am #

His track record would suggest he is just taking the data he probably bought off face book, Twitter, and survey companies to tell everyone what they want to hear to get elected, not that he really believes it himself. If people would have looked at the records of politicians or the records of first time politicians they would vote with education and not flattery. Consider that the media is completely ignoring Rick Santorum who is running again and consider who controls the media and is giving limelight to trump. Power structure studies tell truth and stories, is that no so?

23. B
    December 17, 2015 at 11:17 am #

Trump got his start by running casinos and gambling operations. Is that what America needs? Look at what they did to that girl who spoke her true mind in one of his shows…

24. Matthew Lehman
    February 10, 2016 at 3:17 pm #

Donald Trump has been AWOL on Common Core until he started to run for President. His speaches since running for the GOP nomination are worth the paper they are written on. Cruz and a few other candidates that are still in and have dropped out have fought Common Core for years now before it became a large public campaign. Trump is not against Common Core. He is for being elected.

25. Jena LeAnn
    February 11, 2016 at 9:57 am #

Are you going to change this now that he said in South Carolina he is going to keep Common Core? redmillennial.com

26. Angela
    March 6, 2016 at 4:05 pm #

I love Trump’s boldness! He reminds me of a Teddy Roosevelt who marches in and does what’s needed despite what anyone thinks is “politically correct.” Our country is in severe trouble and we need a bold and righteous President who will set us on the right track–because we are way off course. Donald Trump has proven that he’s interested in helping people–he says he wants to restore America back to it’s former glory–he knows as we do that something is terribly wrong with our country and that’s why I think he is so popular.

I am searching for an outlet or a way to address a severe issue plaguing our nation. Now that Common Core appears to be defeated, I would like to know what Trump will do about another issue and this is the only forum I could find on your site to ask something of his opinion.

I want to know what Trump is going to do to stop Meth-Labs? This is not about the druggie on the corner asking for hand-outs at Walmart. This is a nationwide epidemic according to the DEA and many other sources, including what I see happening in my own county. It takes our local Law Enforcement 10 or more years to bust a drug/meth house one block from a school. I see ugly Meth RV’s lined up next to our elementary school. I see garbage-dump yards and smell heated chemicals all over our county. I don’t want to live here–it’s disgusting! We’ve complained about it to Law Enforcement and other government agencies for the last 8 years and it keeps getting worse–not better.

Our Law Enforcement tells us that most of the Meth comes from Mexico. Not true, I see and smell it all over our County. Many others do too. Many others are ignorant of the truth and they don’t realize that all these trash-dump yards with junk and filthy RV’s, appliances, garbage, constant burning (they burn to disguise their chemicals), and drug activity and trafficking–are in fact Meth-Labs. The RV’s are covered in black, greenish-yellow, sometimes pink “filth.” It’s not mold, my friend–it’s black carbon (from heating/cooking the chemicals), ammonia, red anti-freeze, and acid, etc, and it stinks!

Our Mayor takes no responsibility to clean up our town. As a matter of fact, no one is taking any responsibility to stop this epidemic. Meth chemicals eat paint off of a car–what do you think it does to your body when it’s in the environment? Who is going to take notice and speak out–ME? WHO ELSE?! ANYONE?

Who holds Law Enforcement accountable when they do an inadequate job of protecting citizens from contamination from these Labs? That would be the Justice Department. Who is in charge of the Justice Department? That would be the President. The President from Arabia (I believe it was) mocked President Obama when he told him that all Americans are on drugs. Obama replied, “I know.” Well, what does he PLAN on DOING to STOP it! I want to know!

I’m tired of living in this garbage-dump city and state, and I’m tired of our government acting like monkeys (see no evil).

Try using Google Earth Satellite sometimes and look around your state or another state–it’s easy to spot the garbage-dump junk-yards everywhere–assume there is drugs or a Meth-Lab there and you may begin to understand how bad this epidemic is. I have been doing this for 3 years–trying to find a place to live that is clean and safe with clean air to breathe. I researched Washington and Montana. I’ve been disappointed more times than expected when I see garbage-dump yards near a nice home for sale–more than likely that is why they are moving–to get away from it.

It’s not just about trash–these people spend their lives cooking Meth every single day, and wander around at night looking from something to steal or someone to harass–they act as though they own you and your property and do whatever and whenever they please. If you call 911 to make a report or a complaint, it then becomes “public” information and Law Enforcement will give your report and address to anyone who asks for it (and not bother to tell you); thereby putting you in danger of retaliation or a lawsuit. Imagine a Meth-Lab suing a neighbor for complaining about chemical smells. Then imagine that all Law Enforcement does is do a “drive-by” with no police dogs to accompany them–without sufficient “evidence,” you, the innocent party–could be sued–thanks to your local Law Enforcement agency AND the PRESIDENT who does nothing to ensure your safety by making sure the JUSTICE Department lacks sufficient funds to protect you.

Catch my drift? Wake up AMERICA! These prolific Meth-Labs are nothing more than Terrorists. We are being terrorized from within by our neighbors–and no one is doing anything to stop it–as a matter of fact, our legislature continues to pass laws that tie the hands of our Law Enforcement–making it more and more difficult to stop the drug trafficking by requiring a search warrant to search a vehicle. By the time 24 hours goes by to obtain the search warrant, the drug offender has everything cleaned up. And you get sued by the drug-dealer because no “evidence” was found!

This needs to stop. The laws need changing. We need a bold President who does more than accepts our defeat by saying, “I Know.” I want to know which Presidential candidate will say, “I’ll stop it!”

In contrast to Obama’s acceptance of America’s defeat; Trump want to restore us to glory–I believe him.

• J
      March 7, 2016 at 1:40 pm #

Please consider Mr. Trump may not be what the Obama controlled media casts him as. Have you read his Wikipedia article? What about how he treated Miss America when she voiced her belief? Isn’t it so that Trump made his money off his father’s capital and connection by starting casinos?

• Angela
        March 8, 2016 at 7:35 pm #

I believe Trump has good intentions for the future of America.

Donald Trump has Scottish roots from his mother–the Scots know full well what it’s like to have their heritage obliterated by another country–and the Scots have been courageous enough to find a way to preserve it and maintain their sovereignty in the same way that Donald Trump’s mother maintained her Gaelic language.

Scotland’s history is ancient–Americans may have a much better understanding of what is at stake for us when we understand what has happened to Scotland. America is not invincible–we have many enemies.

I remember how America was when I was little–I look at what I see now in my community and the nation and I am deeply disturbed–we need a hero–we need a rescuer. Oh, if we all would stand and be the hero that our families and nation need.

All men (and women) have sinned and come short of the glory of God. At least Trump is honest unlike many. The next time a Terrorist or Country tries to attack us or you or your family–will you then at that moment be thinking of Trump’s ancestor’s past–or will you be looking for someone to save you?

Let’s think on that.

• J
        March 9, 2016 at 11:12 am #

With that kind of logic, couldn’t one argue Obama had such motives or anyone for that matter? Please also consider Trump doesn’t have any kind of voting record in an elected office to show his “intentions.” Is he not a wild card? Is he not a proven bully? Is it not so that past performance is indicative of future performance?

The Miss America thing was not that long ago. You cannot convince me he changed that recently at his age? I am convinced he is just saying what his research companies are telling him to say to get elected based on polled opinions.

• KC
      June 4, 2016 at 3:52 am #

Amen, sister. I am with you wholeheartedly. I, too, am also praying that Trump can help put an end to the nonstop chemical fumes and corruption that keeps them in the air. Now these junkie losers are digging in the ground for drug production tunnels beneath major roads, making road travel a toxic nightmare, aided by crooked state agencies. Enough is enough. All sick (addicted) people must be separated from the healthy as soon as possible. Our lives depend on it.

27. Kim Turner
    May 7, 2016 at 10:21 pm #

Trump merely says he is against common core. Words mean nothing at this point. Is he attending school board meetings or going to government meetings and demanding changes? What is he actively DOING other than using words? As a teacher, I want to see actions to show he wants to get rid of it!

• J
      May 10, 2016 at 6:41 pm #

I agree.

28. Keisha
    July 22, 2016 at 1:22 pm #

Really, HSLDA? Just because a candidate is against common core, doesn’t mean they are for homeschooling. Come back with something concrete. Thanks

29. Ken Ludden
    September 10, 2016 at 11:39 am #

“School Choice means parents can Home-School their children, 100%” – Donald Trump V.V.C. 2016

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Donald Trump: Education Should be Local | Homeschooling Now - November 6, 2015

[…] You can find HSLDA’s full write-up on Donald Trump’s position on the Common Core here. […]